First, because we live in a society that requires legal disclosures, I have to say, do not do any of these things while operating a vehicle! These suggestions are meant for while you’re WAITING, car in the parked position. Ok, now that we got that out of the way...
Sitting in the car waiting for that dismissal bell to ring can feel like a waste of time. Even if your child’s school has an efficient dismissal system, you’re bound to have some wait time. Instead of scrolling through social media, here are some productive things you can do while you wait...
1. Delete photos from your smartphone. We all have those accidental photos of our big toe or a series of photos where we were trying to get the kids to smile. Get rid of the ones taking up space on your phone and you might even find some keepers!
2. Make a to do list. Are you thinking about all the things you wish you could be doing? Make a list and assign times to get tasks done throughout the week.
3. Clean up your inbox. We all have a ton of junk emails. Do some tidying of by scrolling to the bottom of unwanted emails and clicking unsubscribe. Delete old emails and flag emails to follow up with later.
4. Call back your mother. (Or friend) Follow up with that friend or family member you’ve been putting off. You’ll have to wrap up the call shortly, so it’s a perfect time to have a quick conversation.
5. Clean out your purse or wallet. Trash those old receipts and toiletries junking up your purse or wallet.
6. Write your child’s teachers or administrators a quick email letting them know how much you appreciate them. A quick email could brighten someone’s day. And we know our teachers could use some love after spending the week with our children.
Most of these things can be done anywhere you’re waiting: a doctor’s office, salon, waiting for a meeting. What productive thing will you accomplish while you’re waiting?
Need help getting your clutter organized? Contact me for your FREE 30-minute evaluation! DeclutterBugCo@gmail.com